Friday, July 13, 2007

The Chicago Cub(an)s?


You bet. Look, I've got money. I can buy just about anything I want. The Cub(an)s are an institution in Chicago and Wrigley Field is really a mecca for any baseball purist. Those are valuable commodities and I trade in value. What do I really know about baseball? Crap. Basketball is my game, always has been. But I know commodities and there is money to be made here. If Jerry freakin' Jones can buy the Cowboys and reap those rewards, I can buy the damn Cub(an)s ok?

Sure it seems like I just want to buy another team for vanity sake. It just seems that way. Yes, I was interested in the Penguins (oops) and the Pirates and the CFL is looming large for me... But the Cub(an)s mean a lot more. I am buying a piece of America. That says something you know?

I have an uncanny knack of getting out too when the going gets tough. Look I sold Broadcast.com while avoiding the bursting bubble known as the Internet 1.0. I will sell the Cub(an)s too when the time is right, although that value has got nowhere to go but up. Wrigley field is the only hint of a bubble around this deal.

There will only be slight changes. Not really noticeable... really. To quote the infamous Harry Caray: “Booze, broads, and bullshit. If you got all that, what else do you need?”

No comments: